Table of Contents
Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 or KCET 2017 is a state level Admission Process to avail all the Polytechnic Institutions or Colleges in Kerala. The supervising body o the Karnataka Polytechnic is the Directorate of Technical Education, abbreviated as DTE, for making admission available in Diploma courses offered by various Institutions or Colleges in Karnataka. The candidates will get admission through this process based on the merit prepared by the scores that they achieve in their 10th standard board. This article is core to provide information to all the candidates aspiring for Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 Application Form (Admission) which will include details about the Application form, Eligibility, Important Dates, Application process and Selection process.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 Important dates
- The Online Application form for the Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 will be released in the second week of April 2017.
- The last date of submission of Application form is in the second week of May 2017.
- The declaration of Merit list or the Result is expected to arrive in the third week of June 2017.
- The selected candidates will be allotted the seats in the first week of July 2017.
Recommended: Tamilnadu Polytechnic 2017 Application Form
Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 Application form & fee
Candidates, those are interested in seeking admission in any of the Polytechnic Institutions or Colleges in the state of Karnataka are required to fill the Application Form for Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2017 only through offline mode. The candidates can receive the Application form for this admission process from the designated centres or the government prescribed Polytechnic Institutes as suggested by DTE. The candidates are also required to keep a hard copy of the submitted Application Form along with them for further reference. The candidate may apply for any other nodal centre as well, but there will be a separate fee charged for each nodal.
The fee charged for the Application form is Rs.100 for the candidates belonging to General category and Rs.50 for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category. After the Application form and fee submission, the candidates are required to submit their respective Application form as well to the respective nodal centre for which they wish to seek admission.
KCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria required by the candidate to fill up the Application Form for Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 are mentioned below:
- The candidate is expected to get passed in SSLC/10th or any equivalent level of examination from any recognized Board of Karnataka.
- The qualifying examination should be passed with Science and Maths as main subjects with the minimum aggregate marks of 35%.
- If the candidate applying for this admission process have passed their SSLC examination form any other board other than Karnataka board, are required to produce an Eligibility Certificate issued by the Secretary, Board of Technical Examination, Bangalore.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 Admission Process
The DTE, Karnataka issues a notice in the month of April/ May regarding the Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 Admission in the most prevailing News Paper of Karnataka. The candidates can also check the details related to the start of the admission process on the official website of the Directorate.
Selection Process in Karnataka Polytechnic 2017: The candidates are required to get passed in their SSLC/ 10th Standard Examination, on whose basis, the candidates will be provided admission.
Seat Allotment Process for Karnataka Polytechnic 2017: The seat allotment for this admission process will be purely based on the rank list released by the Directorate. The other reserved groups are given 50% of the total seats by the Directorate. The seat allotment for the remaining 50% seats will be based on the merit produced by 10th standard or the equivalent examination passed.
Documents required during the admission process of KCET 2017
- SSLC or equivalent examination mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Original Transfer Certificate.
- Recent Passport size Photographs.
- Character Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate in the case of the candidates who have passed their SSLC examination from the board other than the Karnataka Board.
If you are still facing any kind of problem while Karnataka Polytechnic 2017 Application Form (Admission) let us know, You can send us your query with the help of comment box hanging below.